Critique Welcomed A View of the dining pavilion at the Getty

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Brian Moore, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Love this shot, Brian. At first glance I thought it was taken with a Mamiya 7. You've taken some fine shots of this area.

3. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thanks a lot, Rob. (Saw your comment on Facebook and appreciate it.) No it was taken with a very different, yet no less magnificent machine: The McKillop!

4. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

That is indeed a fine shot and I really like the lighting under the ceiling and the fine but non-brittle (if you see what I mean) fine detail. The little clusters of people are rather satisfying also.

5. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thanks Pete. The whole place is covered in travertine tiles--those would be your "brittle" ones, if I take your meaning correctly. Being situated on a hillside overlooking Los Angeles's west side it makes for a magnificent sight from a distance on a sunny day. Thanks again, Pete!

6. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

A roma breakfast in America, nice!

7. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

8. Ivar D. Larsen

I
    I am amazed that you Brian,:eek: because I missed the bloody n i Roman, ( we some times refer to the printing devil in these matters, hoping that the reader shall be able to figure it out on their own, in spite of a little mishap :rolleyes:), were not able to realize what I meant. Have you been clouded by a certain Tr"a"mp?:D

Brian Moore likes this.
  9. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

You never cease to confound me Ivar. Have you put your horned helmet on upside down again? :p

10. Ivar D. Larsen

Yes, do you want a selfie?:rolleyes:

11. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

That would be delightful I am sure! :)

12. Ivar D. Larsen

I'll see what I can do. The horns have a tendency of being cut down to a minimum by my wife. I'll have to wait a bit for it to expand to its fullest :D

Brian Moore likes this.