Alphabet theme - January - A and B

Discussion in 'Competitions, Themes & Blogs' started by Hamish Gill, Jan 6, 2012.

1. adrian jordin

adrian jordin Member

I've made notes of a few ideas for later but haven't taken any photos. It does mean that some may have disappeared by the time I get round to them, but on the other hand I may find better ideas, as I did with this months efforts.

2. Kev Pugh

Kev Pugh Well-Known Member

Haven't started here yet other than like Adrian making notes about what I could use.. time will tell........some very good and interesting ideas here too :D

3. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Eh, I found my A, or I should really say, a..

[​IMG]

4. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Nice find Chris - how long did it take to bend it?!! :) Like the PP very much.

@ ;)

5. Chris Dodkin

Thanks Pete - it was under my nose all this time - on that sun wall sculpture over the BBQ! :D

I popped outside in my PJs and grabbed the shot while the light was nice and flat this morning - then used Topaz to do the PP, with some extra desaturation thrown in after that.

6. Brodie Jackson

Brodie Jackson New Member

7. Chris Dodkin

Nice one Brodie - like the toned B&W as well :)

8. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Not just an A though, a super photo in its own right. And perfect PP for me. Love it.

9. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

I think we can go back to a and b in march for eg but not forward to f now if that makes sense?
    just for clarification like!

10. Thomas brookes

Thomas brookes RPF Chief iPhone app Reviewer

I can't make any sense of that Hamish !!!

11. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

So we're going back to a and b, e and g in March but not f. What's the F done to upset you? And I know you've given up on CDs but just boycotting c and d like that... No wonder Tom is confused!! ;)

12. Thomas brookes

Love the texture in that Chris and well spotted did you feel liberated doing it in your pj's ?? :)

Well done on the spot there brodie very nicely executed and original. And agreed with Pete here an interesting photograph in itself!!

13. Thomas brookes

I'm still really confused what do you mean "going back to A and B in march" ???

14. Kev Pugh

If you haven't done A and B you can post retrospectively upto and including March but you can't post cdefghijk..................etc. pre-emptive like I think yes Hamish ?

15. Thomas brookes

Ok I get it!! For once you have made sense and also a valid point kev ... Congrats :) :) :) :)

16. Kev Pugh

Cheeky $@#£%& :D:D:D

17. Hamish Gill

Well that's clear now :)

18. Kev Pugh

OK I may be a little late but better late than never...maybe so here's my A and B

A

[​IMG]
    A by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

B

[​IMG]
    B by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

19. Glen Roberts

Glen Roberts Well-Known Member

Kev, that idea with the glasses for B was something I tried but didn't quite work for me because the frames were a slightly different shape.
    But they look good, with a bit of imagination, for another letter so I'm saving mine for that.

20. Hamish Gill

Great stuff Kev!!

I have a sneaky idea for mine that I'm working on so I shall be a bit behind! :)