Boardwalk Ballet

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Brian Moore, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Last Friday night at the Velodrome I had taken a bunch of foties and was just playing about with slow shutter speeds and so on and became aware of a cyclist have taken a tumble. As I said, I had been playing about with shutter speeds and so I wasn't ready for shooting. But, I shot anyway. Sorry for the poor images, but I like them a little anyway and thought I'd share.

It was a bit of a comic scene, because the cyclist's momentum carried him forward and then up onto his feet. Once up he struggled valiantly to stay up and in doing so was compelled by physics to execute a series of involuntary spins and hops. He had the added difficulty of doing all this with plastic cleats on the soles of his shoes. At the end of his maneuvers he got a good round of applause for his performance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  2. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Great Brian and the blur adds to the sense of movement and chaos, and now Darcey Bussell have retired there's and opening too.

3. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Very balletic! Some dance troupe could fashion a dance out of this. I recall a dance company redoing Archie Gemill's amazing goal for Scotland against Holland in the 78 World Cup.

4. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

5. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Lovely wee bit o' fitba that, Rob. I remember that game well. Thanks for posting the vid. (Could we no get another few players wi' a wee bit o' magic in them?) Thanks, Rob!

6. Ahmad Bhai

Ahmad Bhai Well-Known Member

:D LMAO

4TH is super. The whole set is unexpected and i think rather creative from the norm

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  7. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thank you, Ahmad!

8. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I'm with Paul, the blurring makes the shots and the sequence is just superb. It's a pretty free-form performance though. There's even a spot of Highland Reel in there if I'm not mistaken! ;)

9. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

A Highland Fling, Pete! Hahaha!

Thanks, Pete.

10. Peter Blake

Peter Blake Member

fantastic! if I were you I'd make up a sequence of cropped images in a 'filmstrip' and try flogging it to some of the bicycle mags!

11. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thank you, Peter. (I wouldn't know where to begin. I'll think about that though.)