Denizens of the garden

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by John Holland, Jul 11, 2016.

1. John Holland

John Holland Well-Known Member

I was visiting the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew in May and came across several denizens of the garden - Fox, Peacock, Iguana. The Royal Botanic Gardens is a wonderful place I and I could pends several days there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

One if my favourite places too, though I've never seen these guys. Nicely-taken shots, John.

3. Douglas McMann

Douglas McMann Well-Known Member

Superb colours John...nicely done.

4. John Holland

Thank you Rob and Douglas for your comments.

5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Very nice set again, John. I used to visit Kew frequently many years ago - I attended meetings regularly in the labs - and at one point had the chance to get a lifetime pass. I wish I had now given the current entrance fee.

6. Julian de'Courcy

Julian de'Courcy Well-Known Member

Excellent set John.

7. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

Agree with all above and yes, we try to go there every time we are in and about London. A great place and especially in May month.

8. David Crosbie

David Crosbie Member

I like the peacock one, in that rather than try to step back and capture the whole animal, you've gone for a tight crop, which results in a far more punchy, far more effective image.

My only small grips, is that colours seem over saturated to point of glaring in all images. Is this as the camera saw it, or has saturation been shifted up a bit? Otherwise, great captures, great framing and good clarity.

9. John Holland

Thank you all for your comments. The peacock was a tad bit interested in the tourist with the camera. When it saw me, out came the feather display and it walked towards me - that is how I got the close-up. The major editing to the image was to do a bit of dodging around the bird's head and upper neck to bring it out of the shadow.