Dundas Street, Edinburgh...with shadows

Discussion in 'Street' started by Rob MacKillop, May 18, 2019.

1. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

We actually had a blue sky and brilliant sunshine last weekend. I took the Konica Hexar for a walk around Edinburgh's New Town, mainly Dundas Street, with Delta 400 and an orange filter. Ilford processed the film, which I scanned today.

It was a wonderful experience playing with deep shadows. Oh, for more sunshine!

1. Bench.

bench.jpg

2. Window Art

art.jpg

3. Edges Of What, of course

Edges Of What.jpg

4. Railing

shadow fence.jpg

5. Woodpile

woodpile.jpg

6. Framed. I remember immediately seeing the "figure" in the window on the left as being an inverse of the character in the painting. I still see that, but you might not. Maybe I'm dreaming.

painting.jpg

7. The Plant. It would have been great to have some weird character in the street on the left...

plant.jpg

2. Cool set of pictures. No. 1, 2 & 7 are my favorites. Rob, you always come up with something different & unique. I like that. :)

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  3. Rob MacKillop

Thanks, Karishma. Hopefully one day we will see some of your photos.

4. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

What a wonderful haul, Rob. Love the self portrait! An the other portrait - she doesn't look amused! I think the first and last might be my favourites though.

5. Rob MacKillop

Thanks, Pete. It was a good day for photography. I could tell I was 'seeing" properly as well.

6. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

What a fantastic set! A great great day for photography. I particularly like the second one, all the different lines and shapes contrast and compliment each other so well.

7. Rob MacKillop

Thanks, Dave. It's been raining ever since!

8. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Love the shadow railings,...especially the crazy one in which your own shadow features. Gorgeous light in all of these. B&W can be stunningly beautiful sometimes and that shows here.

Rob,...a while back you had asked about scanners. What did you end up getting?

9. Rob MacKillop

Thanks, Brian. Pleased with the entire roll, for once.

I bought the Epson Perfection V550, which seems to do a good-enough job, but does take time. But the film holders are too flimsy. One of them has cracked in one place, but is still functional. I'm not sure if you can get replacements, but for the moment it is all useable.

How about some photos, Brian? I miss your contributions.

10. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Rob I have the V500. I've scanned thousands of images with it. You're right. The film holders are flimsy things. Never yet cracked one though.

Very kind of you to say, Rob. Thank you. I'll have to muster something up.

11. Rob MacKillop

Good. I thought you muster done some...