glacier national park

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Beth Anthony, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

i visited glacier in late september this year. the park was on fire and closed for about a month, then i managed to visit in the few days it was open before it closed for the season due to snow. it was pretty smokey in the park and there were a few places we weren't allowed to stop, but i couldn't see any active burns.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Milan Vjestica

Milan Vjestica Well-Known Member

What a stunning place. I really like the lake and jetty. Great set Beth.

Beth Anthony likes this.
  3. John Holland

John Holland Active Member

Awesome set of images, Beth

Beth Anthony likes this.
  4. Prashant Gandhi

Prashant Gandhi New Member

What an amazing place! I love all the beautiful pics! Found next destination for vacations! Thank you, Beth, for sharing these stunning photos! :)

Beth Anthony likes this.
  5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Wow, what a gorgeous set, Beth. I love the scale of the 4th shot, but they are all wonderful.

Beth Anthony likes this.
  6. Chris Bennett

Chris Bennett Active Member

What superb images of a special place!

Driving west through Idaho from Yellowstone last June, I kept wanting to turn north to revisit Glacier park, as it had such a lasting effect on me when I visited back in 2005.
    One of my own favourite photos was taken from just below the highway on the mountainside in your penultimate shot. It's as steep as it looks!

Beth Anthony likes this.
  7. Rense Haveman

Rense Haveman Well-Known Member

4 and 1! and 2 and 3! and 5-8! these are best imo!

Beth Anthony likes this.
  8. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

thanks everyone. it was a good trip, even if it was smokey.

i highly recommend glacier national park and grand teton national park. they're within a day's drive of each other and yellowstone national park is situated between then two.

idaho west of yellowstone and the tetons is a gorgeous drive! that's the biggest problem visiting the western states, there's never enough time to do everything.

9. Raza Shaikh

Raza Shaikh Active Member

What a beautiful images! I loved it. I loved to see the natures beautiful creature. Thank you so much for sharing I got it.