Hello again and again

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Barry Keavney, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Barry Keavney

Barry Keavney Member

Hello again all.

Some of you may remember me, maybe not, and some of you I havent had the pleasure of knowing yet.

I'm Barry, a distant reminder of the past.

Some will know that I was here at the very beginning of RPF and stopped by from time to time; eventually I moved away from the internet and didn't contribte at all.

Well, years have passed and I am indeed still shooting.

About two years ago I sold all of my gear. Which was basically a Nikon D90 and lenes and flash stuff. And I ended up buying what I always wanted...a Nikon F4s! I loved the look of it before I even got it, apart from reading about it, I had never even held one; but now 8 or 9 months later, I have put film after film through it, and I am pleased to say it still inspires me. I shoot only with a 50mm f1.8 Series E or a Q 135mm f2.8 which I converted myself.

Also, I've just taken hold of a Mamiya 645 1000s, but as of yet am waiting to put a film through.

Anyway, have a ball looking through some of the great pics here and glad to be back.

Take care
    B

2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Good to see you back, Barry and looking forward to seeing your work from the F4s. The Nikkor-Q 135 mm is one of my favourite lenses and I have an ai'd version too. Must dig it out as I haven't use it for quite a while.

3. Milan Vjestica

Milan Vjestica Well-Known Member

Welcome back Barry.

4. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

Welcome to you Barry from a rookie in Norway.