NASA Engineers (of the Lego variety)

Discussion in 'People & Portraits' started by Rob MacKillop, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

NasaEngineers1.jpg

Lunar Landing Module - another of my 60th-birthday gifts. But these two wouldn't let me near it, as they spent a good few hours making it. "Expert" level of construction. Of course, I accidentally broke it with my first touch, leaving them with having to backtrack for half an hour to redo what I had wrecked. Ahem. Even when it was finished they wouldn't let me near MY PRESENT :rolleyes: I don't blame them. I play with it when they are not around.

2. The Start:

Start.jpg

3. The Moon, with creators and rocks...even footsteps!

The Moon.jpg

4. Camera poised to capture the "Giant Leap" - and it does look more of a leap than a step...

Leica.jpg

5. Inner Gubbins:

inner.jpg

6. Cover

cover.jpg

Huawei P9 phone shots

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Wonderful portrait of your two ladies, Rob.

Are you letting the camera control the aperture settings or are you doing it manually? Whatever method the available light images look smashing!

3. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

I control the EV values and tap the screen for a focus point, but the camera does everything else. It's a really excellent camera for a phone. But as your President has declared war on the company, they might be hard to find in the US. Cost me £250, and it's easily as good as an iPhone, and much better than Susan's iPhone 6. No wonder people are worried. Even shoots raw if you ask it to.

Brian Moore likes this.
  4. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator