New Design (pardon All The Disruptions)

Discussion in 'Features, Announcements, Comments and Criticism' started by Hamish Gill, May 20, 2014.

1. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

You may have noticed a few changes over the last few days, nothing to drastic, just a bit of a spit and polish so to speak. I imagine it might have been a little frustrating if you happened to land on the website whilst a menu had disappeared or the like ... sorry if that was the case ...
    The biggest difference is the return to a fixed maximum width, I think it looks a bit tidier too ... but you might not be able to tell some of the more minor design tweaks?
    Anyway, we are done now!
    Hope you like it?

Julian de'Courcy likes this.
  2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Hi Hamish,

Looks good so far. The only thing that comes from the fixed width is that the latest 6 images in the showcase / landing page for the forum wraps to two lines. If only the latest 4 showed that might look neater. What do you think?

Julian de'Courcy likes this.
  3. Tom Dunne

Tom Dunne Well-Known Member

I think there is an all round improvement. It just seems tidier and more compact.

4. Julian de'Courcy

Julian de'Courcy Well-Known Member

Now you have shown you credentials for tidiness, you can come and tidy my house :D

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

You'll have to wait. He hasn't finished mine yet! ;)

6. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

7. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

it looks much nicer with just the 4 showcase photos. nice work hamish.

8. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Yes, good improvements. I see the blog is growing too. Very positive. Well done, Hamish.