Notes From The Top Left Corner

Discussion in 'Competitions, Themes & Blogs' started by Chris Bennett, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

Another fine pair of images.

The first is clearly an image of our strange times, the lone figure and torn poster make the image.

The second is very good. If I see a steel bridge I start looking for interesting patterns in the girders, I would never have thought to look for similar patterns in a stack of trollys. Well spotted!

2. Chris Bennett

Chris Bennett Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave.
    The trolley wheels, I found quite fascinating.
    Thought you might like this one too - I like it just as much as the first, to be honest.

Trolleys2.JPG

Trolleys are clearly a marvel of engineering in their own right!

(Spotmatic F / Takumar 35mm f/3.5)

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  3. Chris Bennett

The negatives from the first colour roll taken with the new Bronica came back, so here's one I like from it.

Root Star.JPG

4. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

I do like that one too, the eye is drawn into the narrowing gap between the rows, great perspective.

The woodland is great. The Dof works well and the contrast between the vibrant greens and almost monochrome stumps makes for a fine image.

5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

That colour shot is rather nice and I like the low angle a lot.

The contrast and grain on the HP5 shots looks much better too. And I like the shots as well.

6. Rhonda Smith

Rhonda Smith Active Member

I like the low angle too. Nice capture.

7. Chris Bennett

Thanks Dave. I couldn't decide which of the two trolley shots I preferred. Now, on balance, I think it would be the second one. I like the single, maverick, out of alignment wheel, that reminds me that selecting a trolley is a little like Russian Roulette.

Dave Farnes likes this.
  8. Chris Bennett

Thanks Pete. I have tried a roll of Delta 400 too, which though so far, only on 35mm, I like a lot. There are a couple of rolls of it in 120 format sitting in a drawer ready to try as well.

9. Chris Bennett

You can't beat getting in among it all!
    ...but, nowadays only when the grass is dry!

10. Chris Bennett

I have got to thoroughly recommend the service I have just received from Mathers in Bolton. We ordered a 30m roll of Ilford Delta 400 at about 11 am on Monday and it arrived yesterday (Tuesday) at 10.30 am. Given that, for the last 8 or 9 weeks, some things have been taking three or four times longer than usual to arrive from other senders, I think that's nothing short of remarkable!

https://www.mathersoflancashire.co.uk

Pete Askew likes this.