Critique Welcomed Och,...no Another Bliddy Fotie!

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by Brian Moore, May 29, 2014.

1. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

I will. I've got a rough draft. I'll give you credit.

2. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

I apologise on behalf of Pete, he's a scientist and can't help it. :)

You need to use 2.7 times the amount of Decahydrate than anhydrous.

The recipe I use for slow films - ISO 50 to 125 is:

per 1/2 litre of water

73 gm Decahydrate soda crystals (from all good and crap supermarkets)
    8 gm Vit C powder
    20 gm Instant Coffee

Pete Askew likes this.
  3. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Oh I forgot to mention that you are supposed to push the film 1 or 2 stops but I have never done this and had no issues.

15 minutes at 20 deg C with 10 agitation at the start and then 3 every minute.

4. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

@Paul Lange I am preparing a blog post on Caffenol for RPF. Do you mind if I include your recipe above and credit you? Note: I also plan (and have permission) to include the scientific treatise offered above by Professor Cuthbert Calculus. (@Pete Askew: :p).

Pete Askew likes this.
  5. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Yeah, no problem at all but you should also credit the Caffenol Cookbook as my recipe is really just Caffenol C-M but with decahydrate soda crystals factored in and transposed for 1/2 litre. I have just ordered some potassium bromide and when I get round to it will make up some Caffenol for fast films developed using a stand process. I will let you know the result if you like?

6. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Yes Paul, the Cookbook gets its time in the sun in my little blog post. And yes, I'd be glad to hear the results of your caffenol stand dev. Thanks, Paul,