Skaters in Skatepark

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ChiKhing Pher, Oct 23, 2012.

1. ChiKhing Pher

ChiKhing Pher New Member

I decided to try something different and use the X-pro1 to capture some actions shots together with the 35mm 1.4. The main subjects are skaters at a skate park in the city. It was a short shoot but interesting and fruitful. As most reviewer commented, the AF on the X-pro1 is “OK”. To overcome the slowness, I use pre-focusing and lots of anticipation to capture the action. Coupled with the OVF, I can see outside of the frame to see skaters coming into the frame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blog

2. Ahmad Bhai

Ahmad Bhai Well-Known Member

Fantastico. 1st is my fave.

3. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Do we call you Pher or ChiKhing?

I love these shots - lots of cool moves. I think you've caught them well. Welcome to the site!

4. David Jones

David Jones New Member

Great shots and particularly the second - pre-focusing certainly worked here.

5. Davie Hudson

Davie Hudson Well-Known Member

i like the shots but would love to see them in colour, i imagine the graffiti would be very bright

6. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

but everyone says it's impossible to shoot sports with the x-pro 1, you should know better than to even try. ;) ditto davie, b&w are nice, but with all of that graffiti i'd like to see color versions too.

7. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

I do like the dramatic capture of #2 - nice timing!

8. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

These are great ChiKhing. I also like number 1 a lot but I think number 2 is my favourite with the slightly unconventional framing of the main subject and the way the cyclist is contained by him.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  9. ChiKhing Pher

ChiKhing Pher New Member

Hi all, thanks for the kind comments!

Hi Rob, you can call me ChiKhing.

Hi Beth and Davie, I will try to get the colour version up.

10. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

11. Julian de'Courcy

Julian de'Courcy Well-Known Member

ChiKhing nice shots. A fun place to get action. If I did choose it would be number two.