Stourie Castle

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Rob MacKillop, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Stourie = dirty. The windows in Starbucks were filthy, but the marks made for an interesting shot, I think.

X100 and Nik Silver using the ''film'' Kodak P3200 TMAX Pro :)

[​IMG]
    Stourie Castle by RobMacKillop, on Flickr​

Duplexed:

[​IMG]
    Stourie Castle 2 by RobMacKillop, on Flickr​

2. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

3. Rob MacKillop

Duplex is an option in Nik Colour - no idea what it does or what it is supposed to emulate. Sometimes it comes up with interesting effects. Sometimes not. I'm not sure about this one.

4. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

5. Rob MacKillop

Thanks, Pete. Yes, I've always liked your Slaughterhouse image. Nowt wrong with a bit of dirt in the mix ;-)

6. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I agree, you can't beat a dirty picture in my view! :)

7. Lesley Jones

Lesley Jones Otherwise know as Zooey

Hmmm... I'm not sure about all this talk of dirty pictures, but I love that first one. There's drama and mystery and I particularly like the format :)

8. Rob MacKillop

Thanks, Leslie. Drama and mystery - Princess Street is full of it, especially on a Saturday night...

9. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I would have thought the drama would be on Saturday night and the mystery would be for Sunday morning: "How the hell did I get here?..." ;)

10. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

i thought the second one was an old photo from the early 1900s until i scrolled down and saw the starbucks cups.. love the gritty effect you've got on the first.

you got me interested in what duplex was, and google found this - nik Multimedia, Inc.

nik's own explanation of duplex
    "The Duplex filter creates an effect that simulates a duotone or "Duplex" effect on an image. Choose any color using a color picker within the Duplex filter and cast a single color across an image. Combine the Duplex filter with the Classical Blur to create a soft focus duotone image. "

11. Rob MacKillop

Funny link. Duplex turns a toddler into a tweenie - the Before and After are two different images. How strange. Duplex is certainly a strange one.

But the definition makes more sense...

12. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

i think the before and after are the same image, just left side and right side. look at the older kid's hands, the finger tips are normal color.

13. Rob MacKillop

So it is!

14. Josie Cupper

Josie Cupper New Member

It seems the photo is no longer available!

15. Rob MacKillop

Sorry, Josie. I've no idea where it has gone.