The new dog

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by Steve Boykin, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Steve Boykin

Steve Boykin Well-Known Member

I found this dog about 2 months ago at 5:30 AM walking Ruby and Hugo. He had a very messed up right rear leg, covered in fleas and ticks, and sadly heart worms. We just finished the second round of the heart worm treatment with one more to go. His name is Albert because he isn't very bright.

For the technically inclined Fuji 35mm F2 at F2.

Attached Files:

2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

But a fine looking pooch none the less. Is that Hugo lurking behind?

Nice to hear from you again, Steve. Hopefully you'll start posting some shots from your wanderings. I miss them.

3. Steve Boykin

He's going to make it. Let me assure there is no such thing as an inexpensive free dog.......o_O

Sorry, I forgot to add, yep that's the "infamous" Hugo. He's on a diet and not too happy about it.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  4. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

Well Steve, nice to see and are you sure he's not that bright? :D

5. Steve Boykin

Well maybe I ought to reconsider since he went from living on the street with a bad leg, to sleeping on Ikea mattress, having a maitre d twice daily, and a chauffeur. :)

Ivar D. Larsen and Pete Askew like this.
  6. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Lovely picture, but I'm wondering about the association of the name Albert with stupidity - something Einstein might...hold on, that's WHY you're calling him Albert. Sarcasm. I'm being a bit Albert today...

7. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

he may not be bright, but he looks pretty attentive in this shot.

i'd love to introduce you to my father's old assistant supervisor. they called him tiny. you just about break your neck looking up at his 6'10" frame.

8. Steve Boykin

He's a good dog, just a bit stubborn. He can't help it. He was living on the streets here in Houston. I have had to work with him a bit but he's really making good progress. He goes in for his last heart worm treatment on Sept 14th.

Pete Askew and Beth Anthony like this.
  9. Tony Britton

Tony Britton Active Member

Excellent photo of this beautiful dog.