View from Tate Modern

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Rob MacKillop, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Went to the Georgia O'Keeffe with Rhona. Took lots of shots from the balcony of the Members Cafe (she's a member). Great view. DPOQuattro. Stunning exhibition, by the way, and really inspiring to Rhona.

view5.jpg

Here's what she drew/painted afterwards, taken from a photograph she took of rocks near the Forth Bridge. She rattled this off in two hours.

rhonasrocks.jpg

Martin Carlin likes this.
  2. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

Fine top image of a common scene and gorgeous drawing/painting from the hand of Rhona. I am impressed.

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  3. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

That is a classic image of the big city, I never tire of looking at that view. Different perspective to mine taken from the lowly peasant's balcony. :D

That was a great exhibiton, I am glad you and Rhona enjoyed it. Great picture by her too, she has real talent.

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  4. Rob MacKillop

So, you're a peasant! I didn't think we let riffraff in here. I must have a word with the moderators! :mad::eek::D

Pete Askew and Brian Moore like this.
  5. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

6. Rob MacKillop

Cheers, Brian. Fine comment!

7. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

What's wrong being a peasant, you even find them in London occasionally, coming from the far north:D No not north-east!:cool:

8. Rob MacKillop

:mad:

9. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

Aye, the Laird may live in a castle int' 10 acres o' gardin. But were in not fer us 'ard workin' peasents, eed be livin' in a ruin int' 10 acres o' wildeness. :D

10. Martin Carlin

Martin Carlin Active Member

Nice view and a excellent painting by Rhona talented.
    If you had mentioned you were down south in the big smoke I would of met up with you for a chat and let you see thee old C330

11. Rob MacKillop

Ah. Opportunity missed, or at least delayed. I'm sure I'll be back.

12. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Cracking view and fabulous drawing. I can see that she was inspired. Must get to that exhibition, if not in London then in Berlin.

13. Rob MacKillop

Oh, it's a wonderful exhibition. I came away a big fan. The whole family is. Susan spent some time on the Lawrence's farm where O'Keeffe did many of her classic paintings. She and Rhona are hatching plans to get back there some day.

The exhibition also has photos by Paul Strand, Ansel Adams, and her husband, Alfred Stieglitz, showing how clearly she was influenced, at times, by photography.

Dave Farnes and Pete Askew like this.