Women's Rugby

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bob Jarman, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Bob Jarman

Bob Jarman Member

Nothing special, fun capture of women's action from their match (or is it test(?) ) Saturday.

I started shooting the men's matches about 4 years ago, still in the dark about some of the calls and finer points of the rules. There are both a men's and women's club locally, in Division III of the Southern Region of USA Rugby.

The pitch is a former football field donated for use by the city - of course maintained by the club. Not a photogenic background - bleachers, cemetery, and older residential area - the action is what counts.

Bob

Furies-800x80000.jpg
    NIKON D2X AF Zoom-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED lens 200mm f/8.0 1/500s 400 ISO 0.0 EV

Fun to watch, learn, and they allow me to walk the sidelines.

2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Crunch! I bet that hurt. Rugby players (either sex) are proof that aliens exist and are among us.

Fine capture, Bob.

Dan Cattermole likes this.
  3. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I know virtually nothing about sports but that is a fine action shot. You can really sense the energy through it.

4. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

And you've captured it very well indeed, Bob. That photo has impact in more ways than one.

5. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Brian, but we can't call her a true sportsman I guess. Wonderful shot of the action Bob.

6. Douglas McMann

Douglas McMann Well-Known Member

That looks scary....I'm bruising just looking at it.

7. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

rugby isn't really a sport, it's legalized assault and battery. fine photo indeed.

Dan Cattermole likes this.
  8. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

They say the difference between soccer and rugby is that soccer is a gentleman's game played by ruffians, whereas rugby is a ruffians game played by gentlemen. Er,...or in this case gentle women. :)

Dan Cattermole and Beth Anthony like this.
  9. Bob Jarman

Bob Jarman Member

Couple more from this past weekend - Fall season is completed. The "Sir" is a transplanted Scotsman. Anxious to return home in couple of weeks to watch the All Blacks-Scotland contest, Edinburgh I believe.

Furies_2014_11_08_04.jpg

Furies_2014_11_08_12.jpg

Furies_2014_11_08_38.jpg

Furies_2014_11_08_46.jpg Furies_2014_11_08_29.jpg

10. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

11. Bob Jarman

Bob Jarman Member

Fun the watch, and more interesting they compete with the same enthusiasm as the men but without the bravado and posturing of males. All teamwork without the male ego involvement.