Critique Welcomed A Getty Twilight

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Brian Moore, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

At the Getty Center in Los Angeles. Shot last night, Nov 23, 2021, with the ex-MacKillop Sigma DP1 Merrill.

I've been getting interested in color lately. For this particular image I applied a pre-set that gave me the rich color on the building and the not-quite-right blue sky. Also applied a bit of manipulation to the image to get the verticals correct so this is an image with far more manipulation than I have done before. (I've straightened verticals many-a-time and horizons too, but color manipulation is new to me.)

[​IMG]

Milan Vjestica likes this.
  2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Nice shot, but, to be honest I’m not sure about the colours - especially the sky. Would I have said that if you hadn’t told me you’d adjusted the colours? Maybe, maybe not.

I’m fairly poor with colour, useless even, so take my words with a large grain of salt.

3. Wes Hall

Wes Hall Member

I'm going to throw my counter view and say I like the strong contrast between the yellow glow of the stairwell and rich blues of the sky, good use of complementary colors here.

It would be interesting to see the previously unedited pic to compare- and maybe a monochrome for Mr MacKillop

Brian Moore and Rob MacKillop like this.
  4. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

We here are a couple of different versions for comparison purposes, including a B&W for @Rob MacKillop .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Russ Butner

Russ Butner Active Member

Tough call. I like them both.