Critique Welcomed Chinatown, LA

Discussion in 'People & Portraits' started by Brian Moore, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Olympus XA2 and Kodak Tri-X 400 processed in Rodinal.

[​IMG]

2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Observing, and being observed. Lots to look at there, Brian. Interesting shot. There's no Chinatown in Edinburgh, but the local church is used almost exclusively by the Chinese Christian community here. They always seem to be smiling and joking - and are therefore not to be trusted! :eek::D

3. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thanks Rob. I think it's safe to say that historically the Chinese immigrants--at least those who came to the West Coast of the US--were not trusted. (They worked hard, saved their money, opened businesses, provided for family members back in China--definitely untrustworthy folk! o_O)

4. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

That is a great one! So much going on, so much to see in one image. Love the artwork on the bus, reminds me of the artwork often seen on the sides of WW2 US aircraft.

5. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.

6. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

I was of course kidding, Brian. Many Scots instantly distrust anyone who is happy and smiling. Very sad.

7. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

I knew that, Rob. Thanks.

8. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Brilliant. You can see that they're tempted.

9. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thanks Pete. Much appreciated.

10. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

Fine images and I can truly vouch for Rob's exclamation. I'll wear a very sad face next time around in Edinburg if I am up to it. After all I do spot some Scots:D

11. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thanks Ivar.