Dusk

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by Rense Haveman, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Rense Haveman

Rense Haveman Well-Known Member

2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

You've been spotted! The near silhouette works very well I think, as does the framing. I like the layers in the background too.

Rense Haveman likes this.
  3. Rense Haveman

Thank you! These Highlanders are rather peaceful, I think. Or blind, with all those hairs in front of their eyes. Whatever reason, he (?) did not attack....

4. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Fun shot. The hair in front of the eyes is called the dossan. Now you know :)

5. John Allen

John Allen Well-Known Member

I had a definite reaction to this photo when I first saw it. It all seems to work together - the light, or lack thereof, the stance of the bull, the dark clouds, all of it setting a special mood.

6. Rense Haveman

Rob, John, thank you! Dossan.... even if you google it it's hard to find. But the combination dossan+ cow or dossan+cattle gives the expected result indeed. So, thank you for a new word (for me, that is)

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  7. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

I learned it at the annual Highland Show in Edinburgh. Great place to hang out. I learn something every year.

8. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

I find it looking so natural, it's as if I am there. That's how I see it, especially as I don't have that dossan anymore.
    I also recall that they are really easy going cattle. Lovely animals really. Their meat is, now there I went and spoiled it all:eek:

Rense Haveman and Rob MacKillop like this.