Critique Welcomed Harmony in Snow

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Brian Moore, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Snow began falling here on Christmas Day. It made for a delightful White Christmas. It stayed on the ground a week or so. I took this image on December 28th when the sun had come out for a few hours. I was hoping then and still am that "harmony" characterizes our new year. (But hopeful doesn't equal optimistic unfortunately.)

Infrared with Sigma Quattro SD, Sigma 30/1.4 and Hoya R72 filter.

[​IMG]

2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Another arresting shot. Beautiful.

Harmony is an oft-misused word, usually used in a very restricted sense. We musicians talk of different degrees of consonance and dissonance, so really dissonant sounds are also in harmony, just a dissonant harmony. So that word on display could have hidden meaning. But probably not.

Brian Moore likes this.
  3. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thanks Rob. Would "Harmony in A Bucket" have been a less dissonant title to a musician?;)

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  4. Rob MacKillop

“There’s a hole in my bucket, dear Brian, dear Brian. There’s a hole in my bucket, dear Brian, a hole!”

Brian Moore likes this.
  5. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

:D:D:D

6. Rob MacKillop

By the way, are you aware there is a theory that song is thought to refer to anorgasmia - the inability to reach orgasm - or impotence? I'm not saying I agree, of course, but it is eyebrow raising! She wants to have sex, he says he can't, and she tells him to cut it off...Nursery rhymes, eh?!

Wes Hall likes this.
  7. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

That is a fine winter scene.

Brian Moore likes this.
  8. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.