Lauren in the snow

Discussion in 'People & Portraits' started by Tim Pindar, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Tim Pindar

Tim Pindar Member

My daughter today [NB Photo edited following suggestions below - may need a refresh]:

[​IMG]

Trains still getting through:

[​IMG]

Other snowy photos taken today are here

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. Darren Turner

Darren Turner XProPhotographer

great portrait photo of Lauren....i bet she's not really as happy as she looks standing around n the snow while dad snaps away..............haha

3. Tim Pindar

Tim Pindar Member

Haha... in fact I took just the one before she dashed off to her boyf's house...

4. Tim Pindar

Tim Pindar Member

I've just updated the photo of Lauren after photoshopping out the label on her scarf.

5. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Very nice shots - bit of a crop on the portrait perhaps?

Were you using a little fill flash Tim?

Train shot's a winner as well - tells the story perfectly

6. Tim Pindar

Tim Pindar Member

Fill flash on the portrait. The light was very very flat. Not on the train, it was taken from a bridge over a level crossing, which had flood lights, hence the light in the foreground.

The portrait is already cropped, but could be cropped further - what would you suggest Chris?

7. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

was thinking that you could crop some of the space above Lauren's head perhaps - get her face away from center frame

I love the way snow gives depth to photos - the train shot shows this really well - it softens the more distant objects and really helps the foreground objects stand out :)

8. Tim Pindar

Tim Pindar Member

Refresh the page Chris and see what you think now - I've cropped it down somewhat, but any more and it chops off a lot of her right shoulder.

9. Tim Pindar

Tim Pindar Member

PS These were taken with the 50mm 1.4. I'm getting to like it now. Composition isn't too difficult if you are happy to crop later.