Lost Bee-eater.

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by Glen Roberts, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Glen Roberts

Glen Roberts Well-Known Member

2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Wow - amazing clarity. Beautiful wing on the first, and beautiful colours throughout. Well done. Good shots.

3. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

oy, just a little lost. guess he should have turned right at italy instead of left.

4. Bryan Hunt

Bryan Hunt Member

Great shots Glen

5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Lovely shots Glen, especially the one with the wasp.

6. Darren Turner

Darren Turner XProPhotographer

amazing shots Glen what a stunning looking bird, as for it getting a little lost thats a chuffing understament hahahaha

Love the shot with the wing in air and defo love the shot with the bee.

Great works as alwasy Matey

Daz

7. Ahmad Bhai

Ahmad Bhai Well-Known Member

To have gotten you camera and lens ready in the little time you had. Bee shot is super timing & seen. Birdie must be in Formula1 to have caught the bee.
    The eyes i find fascinating. I wonder if our eyes would be similar if we remained untainted & our spirit not so broken.

8. Dave Green

Dave Green Well-Known Member

Wowza!

No2 could have been taken on Safari!

9. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Well he must of heard about the friendliness of the people in Sunderland and decided to winter holiday there instead. Well caught Glen, you must of got reasonable close as even with a 400mm lens and 1.5 crop factor birds can still appear tiny unless you near by.

10. Julian de'Courcy

Julian de'Courcy Well-Known Member

Glen great shots. Its those moments when the unexpected arrives in front of the camera making the days photography so pleasurable. many twitcher s turn up or were you sole photographer?

11. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Wonderful shots - especially #2 and #3

The colors remind me of a cross-processed kingfisher! ;)

12. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Fantastic colors, Glen. Looks like he's been dusted with green chalk about his torso. Wonderful.

13. Glen Roberts

Glen Roberts Well-Known Member

It was pretty close, the second shot is full frame as it landed about 20 feet from me and the ones on the aerial were on a bungalow, so still not too far away.

There was quite a few "Twitchers" there, one guy I spoke to has been in a meeting in Edinburgh that morning and asked if they could speed things up because he "had to see a "Bird" down in Sunderland", then drove straight down. I bet the others in the meeting didn't think of the feathered variety when he said it;).