Critique Welcomed Meg at Ebey's Landing

Discussion in 'People & Portraits' started by Brian Moore, May 13, 2021.

1. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Ebey's Landing is a National Historic Reserve in central Whidbey Island, Washington state. My daughter Meg and I went there for a short hike on Tuesday afternoon and I snapped this image of her as she struck a cheeky pose.

Infrared image with Sigma Quattro Sd, Sigma 30/1.4 and Hoya R72 filter.

[​IMG]

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

What an interesting rendering of the scene, Brian. I'm not sure about it as a portrait, but it is a very striking image, with the extreme contrast produced.

Brian Moore likes this.
  3. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thanks Pete. Yeah I realized I was using the word "portrait" rather liberally for this image. Appreciate your comments as (almost:p) always.

4. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Arms akimbo is a strong pose, not seen enough these days :) The landscape image is stunning, but I don’t think poor Meg adds much to it, I’m afraid Brian. Sorry! But I do love the glow of the whole. You’ve convinced me the infrared technique can be very interesting.

Brian Moore likes this.
  5. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Rob if she hadn't been standing there I wouldn't have taken the fotie! Anyway, thanks.

6. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Sorry...

7. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

No need!

8. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

Just to be awkward, I think Meg does add to the fine image. I am reminded of old adverts extolling the virtues of an healthy outdoor lifestyle.

Brian Moore likes this.
  9. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thank you Dave. (@Rob MacKillop: :p)