More Masked Mayhem!!!

Discussion in 'People & Portraits' started by Dan Cattermole, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Dan Cattermole

Dan Cattermole Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble

Just another couple of shots with my new mask in my back garden!!!! Enjoy.... (well, for those of you who like that sort of thing) ;)

Attached Files:

2. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

You know there are people who can help you ;)

I'd have def gone for a b&w with a dirty look to the image!
    Lighting is good though eh :)

3. Dan Cattermole

I was really thinking about sticking it in b+w, but now that you've mentioned it, I'll have a go 2mora!
    And as for the help Hamish.... Well, you could always let me carry on for a but before you ring those people in white coats!! Please!! I've got so many ideas!!! Haha

4. Darren Bradley

Darren Bradley Active Member

This looks like a scene out of the movie Brazil. Sick, twisted, and very cool!

5. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

I'm having nightmares...

6. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Hmmm, now a strait jacket. That would be a great prop!! Great shots Dan but I agree with Hamish and grunged up B&W could be just the job.

I really like this sort of image making. Luckily I have a fairly compliant model although I haven't tried to persuade her to wear a gas mask yet but we have made some interesting masks and I'm hoping to see what we can do with those over Easter.

I was in Prague last week and saw a guy walking around wearing a plague mask for no apparent reason. Unfortunately he was in the wrong position to get a shot of - it wasn't you Dan was it by any chance?!! ;)

7. Hamish Gill

this sort of mask pete?
    [​IMG]
    now that would be more up my street ... i could go down a whole road of Parke-Harrison inspired stuff with something like that

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  8. Hamish Gill

ooo check out Ralph Eugene Meatyard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

personally more up my street i think than gas masks ...
    but im more of a "fantasy fiction" than "science fiction" type of person i think

9. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

It was just an upper face plague mask but no goggles, but that one is much better. Where did you find the others?!!

10. Hamish Gill

search for "Ralph Eugene Meatyard" on google images

11. Thomas brookes

Thomas brookes RPF Chief iPhone app Reviewer

I like him ...... Lots!!!

12. Hamish Gill

Thought you might .... ;)
    I have an idea for a photo ... I might have to rope in one of you two odd balls

13. Dan Cattermole

I'm game!!!!!!!

14. Thomas brookes

Thomas brookes RPF Chief iPhone app Reviewer

I'm in altho I'm not hanging myself...........again hahaha

15. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Hi Dan,

I had a play. I hope you don't mind.

[​IMG]

B&W (Tin-type / Delta 100) layer in Nik SilverFX Pro2 partially painted through with a 'stiff' brush. Pastel layer added to texture background then a mask to keep main subject area. Same for dust and scratches. Finally burnt in the areas between legs etc.

16. Dan Cattermole

I LOVE IT!!!! great stuff pete!!! Better than what I was about to put on! I'll bare them tips in mind!! Of out tonight, with mask, torches, wire wool...... Who knows what's on the menu of results!!!

17. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Looking forward to the results.