Attention New Forum Features And Fixes

Discussion in 'Features, Announcements, Comments and Criticism' started by Pete Askew, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

This thread is a repository of reminders etc for Hamish and the team on areas that require attention during the development of the new forum. Please add any items that you think need to be addressed etc.

2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Download button in the showcase section needs to be removed.

3. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Nudes and Glamour. The rules and ethos probably got lost when the system was ported to the new forum and need to be reinstated. Nudes etc are posted in the relevant section as that cannot be accessed by non-members, really just to stop minors viewing that content and unwanted re-use. This needs to be implemented in the new Showcase area in some way also.

4. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Hugo Hi-Fives rather than Trophy Points

5. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

Thanks Pete

6. Hamish Gill

The link to the rules is in the footer, bottom right

Pete Askew likes this.
  7. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Hadn't spotted that. Maybe we should point that out during sign up (or do we?).

8. Hamish Gill

I think we do yeah, but these things get agreed or skipped so readily don't they

9. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

@Hamish Gill can we get the nudes category photos blocked (or just greyed out and you click on it like flickr) from the main page in showcase gallery? i personally don't mind, but the it dept. at work does.

10. Hamish Gill

Im going to take the Nudes section out of the showcase ... I need to clear in with @Ian Grant first though as it is going to mean his photos are unfortunately deleted.
    It just seems, all things considered that its best for it not to be in there ... also, Ian's images are quite delicate and pretty, but sould Adam post any... ... well, they are a lot more racey aren't they ... ... I just want that sort of thing on plain view I dont think!

11. Beth Anthony

thanks for the reply hamish. unfortunately the it dept. around here doesn't care how delicate and pretty or tastefully done they are... i'll keep my gallery viewing restricted to home use for now.

12. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

What I do miss is a way of finding threads started by someone @Hamish Gill

13. Beth Anthony

it's hidden. click on your name or @Pete Askew in a post, click on the postings tab. at the bottom in tiny letters you can see all posts by user or all threads started by user.

14. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Thanks @Beth Anthony . You know I had a feeling I'd managed that once before but couldn't remember how and couldn't find it.

15. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

There are many comments from regulars saying they are missing threads - I'm sure it happened to me a couple of times. Any idea why this should be?

16. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I haven't noticed it myself but it is easy to click on 'Mark all Posts Read' but you still need to confirm.

17. Glenn Clabo

Glenn Clabo Well-Known Member

It happens to me all the time Rob. I think it's because I tend to use "new posts" button and that doesn't show the posts again? I have to click on the specific forum to catch up.

18. Hamish Gill

I've not noticed this, doesn't it work in the same way it used to?

This thread for eg, I've read it loads of times, but it pops up again in the new posts list when new posts happen

19. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

It works for me too.

I click on new posts read something and click again working my way through them until there are no more. If I log out between etc they are still waiting. How odd.

20. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

I do as you do, Pete, but some of the threads I am seeing for the first time have a number of posts to them already, dating back a few days.