Attention New Forum Features And Fixes

Discussion in 'Features, Announcements, Comments and Criticism' started by Pete Askew, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Glenn Clabo

Glenn Clabo Well-Known Member

I'll pay better attention to what I'm doing. It's not beyond me to screw up...at least once a day.

2. Glenn Clabo

Ok...I paid attention this morning. I checked in a few times between 8-11:30 this morning. I hit "new posts" each time...and then just now I saw 5 threads for the first time. One in particular "Church in Sunshine" was created early this morning and had a lot of posts. I'll see if it's computer vs mobile devices over the next few days because I check in using 2 of each. Thats my first thought anyway.

3. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

I also use two, sometimes three devices - iMac, iPad, iPhone. I wonder...

4. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Church in the Sunshine was created yesterday morning at 9:56 BST. I wonder if this is a timing / local clocks issue. @Hamish Gill ?

5. Glenn Clabo

Interesting...I didn't see it using new posts until after 11:00 EST today. I wonder if the Chris post at 9:33 kicked it in gear? That really sounds weird though.
    Also FYI... I am in a habit of checking alerts...then new posts...then if I have time I go to the main page and check each forum. I almost always find something new in the forum look. Maybe that sequence does something?
    Also 2...for me...this isn't horrible...just curious.

6. Glenn Clabo

I think I found something. It maybe how all the different devices handles cache or cookies...or how I've got then set up. I thinking it's operator error on my part actually. I am looking at all my screens on all my stuff...and they are all different. I doubt that it's on the server side as I look at it. The server just checks my name and password I would think.

7. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Thanks Glenn. I use the same browser on the Mac Pro and the two MBPs I use for the site. I have also looked on a Windows machine in the office in the UK (I am now in Germany and it is all Mac here). I use Private Browsing in Safari. Hopefully this be useful to @Hamish Gill .

8. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

I am absolutely baffled! I seem to get the same "new posts" on all my devices .... ?

9. Glenn Clabo

All Apple products? Does the server just look at password and name...or IP?

10. Hamish Gill

yes, both apple ...
    I dont know Glenn, I would have thought it would be a user thing rather than IP though

11. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I use fixed IPs in the UK but in Germany it is dynamic. I have had no problem with either.

12. Glenn Clabo

Me also. It appears that Rob and I are the only ones who noticed anything. I'll speak for myself...it's on my side and I'll deal with it. If I miss something...I'll blame @Pete Askew ....Or maybe the sporadic electron God.

13. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

14. Dave Moss

Dave Moss Active Member

Not sure whats going on but if I login on IE11 or firefox I cannot post anything (Why I have been quiet for a while) got fed up just reading so tried Chrome and its all working again

15. Hamish Gill

There may well be an ei11 update ... I'll look into it!

16. Lesley Jones

Lesley Jones Otherwise know as Zooey

Dave - I don't know if it helps, but I almost always fail at the first post from work. I just click on the message again and the post button becomes active again and it often works the second time :)

17. Dave Moss

Dave Moss Active Member

Lesley I had tried evertthimg Hamish IE11 has caused a few problems

18. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I like the landing page. Looks good. :)

19. Hamish Gill

Work in progress, but it's a start :)

20. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

What's the landing page?