Just for Show No Vultures, but

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by Ivar D. Larsen, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

_IDL2582_1.jpg
    eagles out there on the prairie.

2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Wow. I've only ever seen one at a time. Incredible birds. Good capture, Ivar.

3. Ivar D. Larsen

Thank you, Yes it was a great scenery and a trip of a lifetime.

4. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Those are turkey buzzards, Ivar. AKA turkey vultures.

5. Ivar D. Larsen

Oops Rob, another vulture appeared and stole all my illusions. A real killjoy. Thank you Brian :D

Rob MacKillop and Brian Moore like this.
  6. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Wait,...on closer inspection I do believe those are eagles. Sorry for the hasty assumption earlier. :rolleyes:

7. Ivar D. Larsen

I have looked more closely on the enlargement on the original and my eyes and also my mind tells me they are eagles. If my memory do not fail me:rolleyes:, these had a shreaking sound very unlike vultures since they are mostly silent. But since I am a polite man,:p I would not argue with you Brian and ridicule the Californian. Aka turkey vultures my foot.:mad:

8. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Report him to a moderator, Ivar!

9. Ivar D. Larsen

You bet sir, consider it done. I shall ask for an ultimate ressurection of my reputation which undoubtedly was under attach.:mad:

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  10. Steve Boykin

Steve Boykin Well-Known Member

Nice shot and they do look more like eagles or hawks. We have lots of vultures here in Texas. Nature's garbagemen.

11. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Love the circle they form. I was just about to sort out the reputation issue but then there was that spelling...

12. Ivar D. Larsen

Sorry about the attach instead of attack, where's the imagination of yours my man? I think I'll have to send the Scotchman in California a book on birds of prey in the US.

13. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

14. Ivar D. Larsen

A new breed of eagles that poor city slickers like some Californians have never heard of. They are eagles but one has to venture out into the wilderness to experience such a sight. With a sharp eye, mind you:rolleyes: