Our Ferrets

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by Lesley Jones, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Lesley Jones

Lesley Jones Otherwise know as Zooey

I'm not sure I ever introduced you to our ferrets. Not the easiest thing in the world to photograph, they're a bit like kittens on speed!

Dear Bailey - no longer with us

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lola - half ferret and half wild polecat. She loves to kiss

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The gentle Bear

[​IMG]

And finally our little war dancing Louis (this is happy ferret mode) :)

[​IMG]

2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I think you showed us some a long time back but these are lovely. I especially like the ones of Lola.

3. Dave Green

Dave Green Well-Known Member

Soooooooo cute!

4. Lesley Jones

And while you were both typing this @Pete Askew and @Dave Green - I received another request to collect a little jill found in a builder's merchant the other day. Is it me? o_O

5. Nick Lukey

Nick Lukey Active Member

Most excellent set, love the last one tyrannosaurus ferret.
    We found one once, pure white, stayed with us for a night. We had a house rabbit at the time. The ferret never bothered it. The owner came by to collect it. It was called snowball lol.

6. Lesley Jones

They're all over the place @Nick Lukey - that's why we ended up with a house full. Looks like I'll be picking the jill up tomorrow :)

7. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

That last one will give me nightmares! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dan Cattermole likes this.
  8. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Did you just give Louis a bath or something? :D

Nice set, Lesley. Cute wee animals.

9. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Bath and a blow dry I think Brian!

So cute - must be a market for cute ferret postcards somewhere - maybe up t'north?

10. Dan Cattermole

Dan Cattermole Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble

Like them all, the last one certainly looks freaky.
    But I'm sure you have a cute photo of Louis somewhere ;)

11. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I remember that film. Terrifying. 'The Night of the Wereferret'!

12. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

What a great set of pictures. If I'm not mistaken, you seem to have many animals by you Lesley, do you need any help? Correct me if I'm wrong.

13. Lesley Jones

You're not mistaken @Ivar D. Larsen - we currently have 9 cats, 12 ferrets, 2 llamas, 1 pig and 9 rescued chickens. They are our pets though. We aren't a sanctuary or charity and we never rehome from here. We cope after a fashion, but I could do with 48 hours in every day! :D

14. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

Well all the luck to you Lesley, I''ll give you my moral support from here since I'm allergic to cats and also dogs, albeit I'm very fond of them as well as other animals. it's admirable what you do and I understand why you are an early riser. cheers lassie.

15. Keith Hollister

Keith Hollister Active Member

The shot of Louis is a hoot. Good job on all of them and they do seem cute (well, Louis looks a bit snarky ...)

16. Lesley Jones

That's where you would be wrong @Keith Hollister - all our ferrets are friendly, but Louis is exceptional. This is a happy ferret war dance, the open mouth only indicates fun. Louis loves to kiss us and have cuddles :)

17. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

louis looks like he may have just eaten an electric cord. while it was plugged in. beautiful shots lesley. i really like the natural settings, bright colors and shallow dof.