Sigma cameras...

Discussion in 'Equipment & Media' started by Wes Hall, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Wes Hall

Wes Hall Active Member

A brief message to the forum members, I've recently had the experience of my Sigma DP1 go to the Big Compact Store in the sky thanks to a common flex cable fault. I may pluck the courage to perform an autopsy at some point, however a thought struck me.

Do any of the (UK ideally) members own any of the Merrill or SD range that they may be looking to sell on to a new home? I can promise regular use and appreciation of their talents .

Message me if you do, I'll be polite and aim to avoid messing about.

2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Sorry to hear that, Wes, and doubly sorry I can’t help you. Good luck.

Wes Hall likes this.
  3. Wes Hall

Wes Hall Active Member

Thanks Rob, no worries about the help- I'm keeping a watch on that 'certain auction site' but they've been hit with the curse of cult status, so sometimes daft prices.

I've actually got some images to share and a little odd story to tell, Chris has helped immensely with this thanks to scanning my negatives. He's a good guy!

Also, I had no idea you were somewhat of a celebrity, I stumbled upon a 35mmc article of yours thanks to my first foray into home developing.

4. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Yes, I am one of the biggest celebrities in the whole photography racket. It causes me nothing but trouble, with hundreds of photographers following me every time I take a camera for a walk. I try to explain to people that I’m just an ordinary guy, one of them, but they never believe me. :rolleyes:

Chris who? :p

5. Wes Hall

Wes Hall Active Member

Haha, well don't worry, I'll remain in blissful ignorance and maintain the thought you're just like the rest of us ordinary people.

Indeed, Chris who :cool::p

Rob MacKillop likes this.