Just for Show Some gulls

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by Ivar D. Larsen, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

as I was there, testing my newest lens, the Fujinon xf55 - 200 mm on the Fuji xt1, trying the follow focus and zone tracking. It went better than my expectations really. Pin sharp. It may however be my last image here on this forum, since certain people mob me about horns, lizzards etc.. I bet you they cannot spot the lice on the gulls though.
    testshot.jpg

another test shot.jpg
    Sayonara!

2. Rense Haveman

Rense Haveman Well-Known Member

Wow, they are sharp, that foreground one in the second image! Almost tempted to look for some lice...:p

Gulls are great! (Except when you have to map the vegetation in a gulls colony, then they are rather nasty!)

3. John Allen

John Allen Well-Known Member

Looks like an excellent lens. Very nice shots.

4. Ivar D. Larsen

Thank you both, I am really pleased with the lens.

5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

You'll be in rouble with, Chris! Normally I like context in wildlife shots but this time I prefer the second. The layering works so well.

6. Ivar D. Larsen

Thank you Pete, the lens works very well. Now it only remains to try it while someone is approaching me at a speed. The gulls did not want to operate that way. Didn't have any Norwegian cookies you see. I ate them all.:D

7. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

If they are anything like Viking bread then I would suggest chips! ;)

Martin Carlin likes this.
  8. Martin Carlin

Martin Carlin Active Member

Nice captures Ivar I like them both

9. Ivar D. Larsen

I see, so you are familiar with the "breads" of the vikings Pete?:rolleyes:

10. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I bought some as a gift from Norway once. Let's just say that they lasted quite a long time! ;)

11. Ivar D. Larsen

We vikings do last a long time together with our bread. May our big one Odin smile at you and offer you some bread!:D so that you too last long!:rolleyes:

Pete Askew likes this.