Storm Cows

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by Hamish Gill, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

A snap that I ended up quite liking :)

[​IMG]

2. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

I really like the contrast of the sky and hills to the grass. I think it is superb.

3. Hamish Gill

Cheers Paul ... i think its all about the luck of the position of the cows ... or coos i we called them throughout the hols :)

4. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Lovely colours and contast. Storm cows Eh? Well they'd certainly be some thunder and lightning if you tried to milk them!! :)

5. Hamish Gill

We had to get past a herd of them at one point ... They were cornered ... Thunder and lightning is a good description of what came out if a few of thier bums!

6. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Nice one Hamish, it's really mooooo dy...

7. Dan Cattermole

Dan Cattermole Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble

Er.... Yeah.... Moooooving on...lol, Love this shot! Great contrast! Very interested to know the PP proccess on this. Could you explain?? Trying to get a few ideas for some PP on landscape shots I've taken on my holiday before I post them........

8. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

I'm going to milk the cow jokes as much as possible - no bull! ;)

9. Hamish Gill

Reduced luminance and increased saturation in the blues, reduced saturation of greens, increased exposure to bring out the cows a bit ... Then the is a gradient between the foreground and the cows then four gradients overlaid to do the sky. The first sky gradient that covers the whole sky is both a subtle nagative exposure grad with also the clarity set to full ... The other three just just subtle exposure grads laid on top of each other with each one going less far from the top down (does that make sense?) I then used 2 more positive exposure grads to reduce the vignette in the top corners ...at least that's how I remember doing it ... I'll save you the preset with the grads if you like?

10. Hamish Gill

Ah Chris and his clever cow jokes ... Don't you think he deserves a pat on the head for being so clever .. Ha!

11. Hamish Gill

12. Dan Cattermole

Dan Cattermole Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble

Many thanks,, I'll grab it when I go on the laptop..... :)

13. Mathew Growcoot

Mathew Growcoot New Member

good work, like the way the one is looking up and you've brightened him up a tad. sky looks wicked as well

14. Hamish Gill

Cheers buddy ... I made a loud noise in the hope they would look up, just the one looking up made it work loads better I think ... Happy accient!