Critique Welcomed Sunrise Birds...

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by Glenn Clabo, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Glenn Clabo

Glenn Clabo Well-Known Member

sunrise birds.jpg I was up and about early this morning with these guys...

2. beautiful light, and clever how you got the birds to pose (wings closed, half open, fully open)

3. Glenn Clabo

I wish I had even one little bit of control over all the birds around here. The first thing would be stopping the white splashes...;)

4. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Absolutely stunning, Glenn. Beautiful!

5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

6. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

I've come back to this one, as it has been on my mind - sign of a good photo. The square format is perfect here, and the horizontal lines of the waves, mixed in with some lines parallel to the big pipe, and the tones moving from red to black across the frame, again parallel to the pipe - it's all set up for something interesting to happen. And it does. The birds are in three poses, flowing from still to sun salutation - wonderful. Well done, maestro!

Pete Askew likes this.
  7. Glenn Clabo

Rob...Thank you very much for taking the time to look and the nice compliments. These birds are there almost every morning...but this morning it was special...for some reason...for me to see. Taking this shot showing what I saw through the camera was rewarding...and why I do it. When people like you...who understand that...and then make compliments like yours...is very reconfirming. Again..thanks for that sir.

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  8. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Lovely and just the right exposure so there is some detail in the birds.

Glenn Clabo likes this.
  9. Lesley Jones

Lesley Jones Otherwise know as Zooey

It's not just the birds though - the water is perfect too. Just enough detail and wonderful, yet subtle colour :)

Glenn Clabo likes this.
  10. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Reminds me of those guys in China that use birds to fish for them - lovely moment and then you add the backlighting :)

11. Glenn Clabo

Just call me Zeus. :cool:

Pete Askew likes this.