The Edinburgh Festival - Behind The Scenes

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Rob MacKillop, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Wonderful Rob (and the bigger one does have quite some impact doesn't it?). Wonderful detail and a great overall scene. :)

3. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Excellent Rob!

(I gather you don't prefer the Ektar. Don't get me wrong, I think your choice of BW and tone is spot on for this fotie, given the subject matter being roon the back o' the tenements, but although I believe you've shot with Ektar on a number of occasions I don't think I've ever seen a color image from it by you.)

4. Rob MacKillop

Take a seat, Brian. Colour shots in the pipeline. :D

5. Aldous Lau

Aldous Lau Well-Known Member

As pete said wonderful details Rob

6. Rob MacKillop

Cheers, Aldous.

7. Glenn Clabo

Glenn Clabo Well-Known Member

Excellent shot Rob...love the detail and interest.

8. Julian de'Courcy

Julian de'Courcy Well-Known Member

Yes as Glenn says excellent. I understand getting away behind the scenes, Cornwall is the most awful place throughout August, roll on September.

9. Rob MacKillop

Thanks, Glenn. Thanks, Julian. I'm glad we have the festival, but it can be maddening. Takes an extra hour to get anywhere, either driving or walking.

10. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

love the old architecture with the new(er) painted artwork, great combination. i see what looks like a broken window or two, are these buildings still in use?

11. Rob MacKillop

Yes, very much so. Some of the finest shops on Princes Street, the busiest, most popular street in Edinburgh, facing the famous castle. As we say here, "Aa fur coat and nae knickers!".

12. Dan Cattermole

Dan Cattermole Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble

Wow, missed this one Rob.

One word.... Epicness!
    This is very nice, I REALLY like it.