Critique Welcomed Whipsnade Zoo

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by Robbie Coffin, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Robbie Coffin

Robbie Coffin Active Member

My first try at using a telephoto lens! Was a bit tricky as I used a Vivitar 70-210mm with my Nikon D3200, so I had no exposure meter and had to judge it myself!

ZSL Whipslade-1.jpg ZSL Whipslade-2.jpg ZSL Whipslade-3.jpg ZSL Whipslade-4.jpg ZSL Whipslade-5.jpg

Julian de'Courcy likes this.
  2. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

A good series Robbie and now they have cats there too?:D

3. Robbie Coffin

Cheers Ivar! Yeah I love lynxs, such beautiful creatures. That photo was taken leaning over the side as it was hiding in the shade! It's a wonderful zoo, as the animals have such large enclosures, terrible if you don't have binoculars or a telephoto lens!

4. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Nice set, Robbie and that Pigmy Hippo certainly makes me smile. I like the Elephant a lot too although it would be nice to get a touch more light onto its eye if you could. The yawning Ostrich is a cracker as well. :)

Robbie Coffin likes this.
  5. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

A good set. A little dark, I guess because you had to judge the exposure and the screens on cameras can be a little too bright.

6. Milan Vjestica

Milan Vjestica Well-Known Member

You could probably solve much of the exposure in software such as Lightroom or basic editors like Picasa. I really like the Pygmy Hippo.

It has been a good few years since I have been to Whipsnade Zoo. Memories, :) thanks.

7. Robbie Coffin

Thanks for the advice! Sorry for the late reply!