Young beauty

Discussion in 'People & Portraits' started by Blanka Kolinke, Mar 8, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

Nikon D700 + Nikon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 G ED VR AF-S Lens. PP in LR3.

2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

This is one of my absolute favourites from your Gambia shots. Wonderful and I really like the processing. A very fine border would finish it off perfectly I think. Deserves to be printed!! :)

3. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Yes,...I agree with Pete. Its a lovely portrait, Blanka.

4. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Angelic - love the contrast between the gripping hand and the relaxed facial expression

And the vignette effect of something in the mod ground really adds to the impression that you're watching from afar

5. Brodie Jackson

Brodie Jackson New Member

beautiful shot

6. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

It's odd isn't it that the less than technically perfect shot seems to say and do a lot more than the one that is pin sharp, grainless and in full colour. This has a really nice sense of tension and drama.

7. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Very nice photo. The angle of the hand syncs with the angle of her gaze. Perfect.

8. Thanks to all for the nice coments.
    It was really taken from afar across many people and lot of seats in the airplane. I did not want to take the picture so obviously, since the family was strictly islamic. But I was so amazed by her beauty, that I just had to have one picture of her. She could be 12 only, but already a WOMAN. She reminded me the Shulammite's beauty! :)

9. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

This is really a lovely shot!
    The softness really sets a perfect mood I think!