Critique Welcomed Paddy's People

Peter Roberts

.....or a few of them at least.

We'd taken a visiting family member to the National Gallery. I'd overlooked the fact that it was St Patrick's Day and celebratory shenanigans would be taking place outside in Trafalgar Square. When we came out things were starting to get under way.

This couple readily agreed to me taking their portrait, especially when they realised I was using film.

Paddy's Day 0002.jpg

Just around the corner this lot needed no asking, I just had to raise the camera to my eye.......

Paddy's Day 0004.jpg

......the dubious look on the young lady's face says it all.

Paddys's Day 0003.jpg
Minolta XD7 / Rokkor 35mm f2.8 / Ilford FP4+ / ID-11

It was an overcast day, the lens was wide open, the film expired and the developer almost exhausted. All of which contribute to the rough and ready look of the images. It suits the subject matter I think.

Brilliant. It's completely bonkers these days, but makes for fun photography. My father's mother, and my mother's father were Irish, so I have some green blood in me...explains a lot!

.....or a few of them at least.

We'd taken a visiting family member to the National Gallery. I'd overlooked the fact that it was St Patrick's Day and celebratory shenanigans would be taking place outside in Trafalgar Square. When we came out things were starting to get under way.

This couple readily agreed to me taking their portrait, especially when they realised I was using film.

View attachment 19113

Just around the corner this lot needed no asking, I just had to raise the camera to my eye.......

View attachment 19114

......the dubious look on the young lady's face says it all.

View attachment 19115
Minolta XD7 / Rokkor 35mm f2.8 / Ilford FP4+ / ID-11

It was an overcast day, the lens was wide open, the film expired and the developer almost exhausted. All of which contribute to the rough and ready look of the images. It suits the subject matter I think.
Great series. Like 'em all.

Back