A few snaps from my Retina.

Ralph Turner

Finally got round to developing a roll of Kentmere 100 that had been sat in my Retina IIIC for months. First time I've tried the slower emulsion in the caffenol delta recipe. Happy with the outcome. Here are a few snaps from it.

Attachments

• IMG_5263.jpeg
    IMG_5263.jpeg
    867 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5265.jpeg
    IMG_5265.jpeg
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5268.jpeg
    IMG_5268.jpeg
    955.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5269.jpeg
    IMG_5269.jpeg
    928.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5270.jpeg
    IMG_5270.jpeg
    991 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5273.jpeg
    IMG_5273.jpeg
    974.8 KB · Views: 11
Film and camera seem happy with one another. I must say I really love 5269, the 4th shot - beautiful and perfectly composed. And 5273 really had my eyes zig-zagging to the distant horizon. Great study, Ralph.

Last edited:
Something there is that doesn't love a wall...
Very nice Ralph. Favorites are: 63, 69 and 73. You have to blink when you see that chair in 70 - it "pops".

A fine set, Ralph. I especially like that one with the gable end wall and light.
Many thanks, Brian.

Something there is that doesn't love a wall...
Very nice Ralph. Favorites are: 63, 69 and 73. You have to blink when you see that chair in 70 - it "pops".
Thanks, Gary. The somewhat incongruous looking chair in amongst the wilderness appealed.
Wow! Nice. 5269 was my fav in the morning, but now the white chair wins. The white plastic chair is a universal archetype in every human society.
Thank you, Gianluca. The old ash is opposite us across the lane. The chair I use when I'm sorting our parrot's food. Anything that drops accidentally is soon seen of by our fellow (feathered) neighbours.

5297 would have gotten a shot from me as well! I spent yesterday afternoon sliding my "new" Perkeo in and out of my jeans pocket. We'll see how that works out. 5298 works very well in b&w! Good job Ralph!

Many thanks, Gary. That tree gets me every time I drive past it, always getting an 'itchy trigger finger'. There are more angles there to be had, if I allow myself the time to wander into the field again at some point.

Back