In the company of a Rebel.

Well, it nearly happened again. A 500 on the 'Bay, only one bid of 99p. I kept watch for three quarters of an hour, getting ready to pounce at the right moment..... then got engrossed in the telly and missed the end of bidding 🫣.. ah well, someone's got a good mint condition slr for less than a quid.😎

Thanks, gents. At this stage, of course, it might still turn out to be a dud when I run a film through it. Anyway, fingers crossed. I'm guessing it's their lack of 'street cred' or something that's the reason for their cheap price. There are a surprising number of similar cameras not just from Canon, but Minolta, Pentax etc. That go for a song. All quite capable, just a bit plasticky. Maybe the cost of the glass to go with it is a factor. For anyone looking to try film out though, I would have thiught they'd be a good option.
Lately I've been thinking about an EOS film camera just so I can use my (few) EOS lenses for film as well as digital. You might have put me over the edge. (By the way I have that 40mm pancake lens; its a nice lens.) The pictures are nice, by the way.

Lately I've been thinking about an EOS film camera just so I can use my (few) EOS lenses for film as well as digital. You might have put me over the edge. (By the way I have that 40mm pancake lens; its a nice lens.) The pictures are nice, by the way.
If you do, happy hunting. Hopefully you'll strike lucky with one.

(By the way I have that 40mm pancake lens; its a nice lens.) The pictures are nice, by the way.
Thank you re pictures ☺️ Indeed, that 40mm is very good. When on one of these plastic fantastics, it makes for a somewhat bulky 'compact' camera. Very light, yet all the control you could want and the lens (as you know) tack sharp.

Had a trip out with '£3.99'. Worked flawlessly. Using the battery grip with it that I have does help with my fingers. The first shot (taken with tht 40mm was heavily cropped from the original frame (to approx half frame size). The second, with only minor cropping, using a 24mm prime.

Attachments

• IMG_5323.jpeg
    IMG_5323.jpeg
    935.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5324.jpeg
    IMG_5324.jpeg
    964 KB · Views: 4
For anyone who might be interested, I've done a little review of sorts:

Back